Re: [IP] Blaming Diabetics

In a message dated 4/11/99 4:34:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< How does everyone handle the increased blood
 sugar checks since getting the pump?  Do you "Duck" into a bathroom to do
 them or just wherever you are?   How do "onlookers" handle this??

I just do them wherever I am.  I try to be discreet when possible (like
placing the meter on my lap instead of the dinner table).  Mainly because the
sight of blood does bother some people.

The only comments I have ever had were from children (what are you doing?)
and people who wanted to tell me about their diabetic aunt (or whoever). Once
on a plane a man asked if I was contagious.  When I looked up, ready to give
my dm lecture, he was grinning from ear to ear as he held up his identical