Re: [IP] Wanting a Cure

In a message dated 4/11/99 5:00:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< The possibility of a cure ever being utilized probably
 will never happen in my life time. >>

Even if they came out with a cure tomorrow, it wouldn't be able to reverse
the damage  that has already occured to my body.   Yes I hope there is a
cure, but at this point in my life I appreciate all the improvements in
diabetes care over the years: blood instead of urine testing, aic tests, the
pump, lasers, ACE inhibitors, the list goes on and on.  I used to be angry
when I read what studies were being funded, why weren't more people looking
for a cure?  Now I realize that these studies may not have stopped the
dragon, but it has improved the quality of life.

Marilyn (pumping for 11 or the 32 diabetic years)