Re: [IP] The Cure

So true George.  I first heard about the Cure in the 60's, the usual 10 year
senario.  You know, the one that says there will be a cure in ten years.
Well, I went to Washington, D.C. in March for the Rally for a Cure and I
talked with my Congressman.  It was a very positive experience for me and I
encourage all of you to go next year.
The key to find that Cure is money for research.  The more money for
research, the sooner the Cure will happen.  I was pleased to receive a letter
recently from my Congressman that said that he and the other Congressmen from
my state had sent a letter to the appropriations committee chairman asking
for their support for increased funding for diabetes in the Fiscal Year 2000.
 They also urged support to the Congressionally-mandated Diabetes Research
Working Group's budget recommendation of $827 million for NIH(National
Institute of Health)-supported diabetes research for FY 2000.
I believe it really helps to let your Congressmen know that you want them to
support this type of legislation.  I found the Congressmen I talked to very
receptive to voters that voiced their concerns.  Let me put it this way, it
can't hurt to e-mail or write or call your Congressman.  According to Miss
America, who has been lobbying for more funding, if a Congressmen gets 4
calls about any particular subject, he or she has someone look into it.  Go
for it folks.  I want that Cure!  ellen