[IP] Change from Softset to Silhouettes

I have been pumping for nearly a year using  Softsets with my Minimed 507.  I
thought Humalog grew ineffective by second day following change of infusion
set, but then I realized there were air spaces or bubbles in my tubing
following disconnecting for a shower.(difficult to see because of vision
problems)  I corrected that by bolusing .5 units before reconnecting and that
helped.  I also started using my upper thighs instead of my abdomen,
wondering if all the MI previous to the pump as well as 3 Ceasarian sections
had scarred my abdomen too much.  The change of site  helped and my BG came
down more consistently. Last week I switched to Silhouettes and back to my
abdomen and now I'm having hypos every day, usually three  hours after
breakfast  and/or one hour after dinner. (The latter probably due to
gastroparesis which kicks in late afternoon.)
Obviously the Sihouettes are giving me better and more consistent absorption,
but now do I lower my boluses and my Basal Rate too? (I only have one Basal
Rate for now because I couldn't test properly with the erratic absorption I
was getting all year.)   I feel I have to start all over again figuring
things out! And my CDE hasn't answered her beeper in two days!
 :-(  Help!

Denise Guerin
Type 1 45 years  and getting confused with temporarily hypo impaired brain.