Re: [IP] pycnogenal

Effect of pycnogenol: headache?
I discontinued the two "regular" medications as well as the pycnogenol. Then
started each one again, separately. The two regular ones did not show the
particular side effect, the  day I took the pycnogenol alone, I again had a
bad headache.
I am a proponent of the use of herbs and "alternative" medications, such as
for instance, the flavinols. The Balch book, Prescriptions for Nutritional
Healing, recommends pycnogenol as one of the most powerful anti-oxidants
available. I have found the book valuable and a useful guide. But, like so
many books on alternative medecine, it does not provide much in the way of
verifiable scientific data. Even if one is willing to forgo such data, and I
don't think that we really can afford to do so, then the problem remains that
we rarely get enough information to make an informed decision about when to
take the medication, how long, how much and what possible conflicts there
might be between the medication suggested and others  already takes. Where do
we get information of side effects,  possible conflicts between these
medications? If anyone has come across a good, data-based study of side
effects and counter indications, I would like to hear of it.
Greet Kershaw