[IP] kids on the pump

To the woman with the 8 year old daughter hoping to go on the pump:

I'm sorry, I deleted your Email address before writing you.
(email @ redacted????)

We had the same fears as you when our doc said he has never put a child under
13 on the pump. Kevin was diagnosed in Dec. 98 at 10, and is now 11. He will
start the pump May 3rd. We demonstrated his carb counting ability and his
maturity towards testing, giving shots, and knowing what to do for
highs/lows.  THEN we fought insurance for many of the same reasons...it took
an appeal, but we won!

Dont give up. It is the best method for any diabetic! I think it is the best
method for a child! I hope it works for you. If you need encouragement, let
me know...I have LOTS!

take care and good luck. Write me anytime!!

Mom of soon to be pumper

Kevin site is http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/d_02_1e9.htm