[IP] weight gain

I too was wondering about the weight gain of adolescence. My son was
diagnosed in Dec. At the time, he was about 85 lbs. He now weighs 103! He
feels very uncomfortable about his weight too. Nothing has changed, except
his diabetes!

I'm concerned that it is going to keep increasing at this rapid rate.  he is
due to go on the pump May 3rd. Do you think that he will gradually loose
again because he wont HAVE to eat all the snacks? His endo says most people
gain because they eat what they want. Other than the scheduled snacks, I feel
he eats the foods he wants, just not always WHEN he wants. Hope this makes
sense. I am VERY concerned for him and his rapid weight gain. He has never
been "chubby" until now.

He is 4'9" and 103 lbs.

thanks for your help.