Re: [IP] High insulin dosage--Questions

	I have a question about this discussion that has been evolving on
high doses of insulin.  My son is going to be 9 in a couple of weeks and he
weighs 68 lbs.  He takes a total of 40 units/day of Ultralente(28u) &
Humalog(12u) combined.  He is pretty resistant from the medications he takes
for his asthma, but what implications do the high doses have for him at this
point?  Should I worry?  Even when he's on less asthma meds, he still seems
pretty resistant and I'm hoping that this will resolve itself over
time.....any chance of that do you think??  I'm hoping that perhaps when we
(HOPEFULLY) get him on the pump, we might be able to reduce his dosage.