Re: [IP] Insuring the Pump

Kim Hughes wrote:

> Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 20:15:08 -0500
> From: "Jack and Connie O'Brien" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Insuring the Pump
>
> Does anyone have any ideas about insuring the pump against loss through
> breakage or
> theft?
>
> Jack

I don't know.  I have had a pump for 17 years, though, and despite many many
adventures and travels all over the world I have never had an incident of
"loss" or stealing.  For one thing, it is pretty hard to loose something
attached to you.  Even having it stolen would be pretty hard.  It might be a
good idea to have an emergency policy -- something attached to rental or home
owners insurance (if you have and/or can afford them) for instance.  However,
breakages are covered by your pump warranty so I'd be careful about spending
too much for coverage. You're aren't likely to use it and you may be throwing
$$ out the window.  Just something to do in moderation.

Ruth