[IP] High insulin doseage/ Insurance coverage for pumps

	I have been reading all the posts about high insulin dosages.  My 15
year old son uses 90-105 units/day (Humalog and Lente).  He is not on a pump
yet.  Does this appear to be too much insulin?  He is 5'9" and weighs about
165 pounds.  He has been on this much for about a year.  His endo has not
seemed concerned.  Anxiously awaiting our appointment in May in hopes of
getting a pump.  For the parents who need a vacation from diabetes- I hear
you.  Camp is the only time of year I feel like I can stop the 24/7
vigil/worry.  Does it ever get better?
	About insurance coverage for the pump- in anticipation of getting
one, I called our homeowner's (USAA) and was told that our regular policy
covered the pump only for theft (with a police report and all) and for loss
or breakage only if our home was involved (fire, tornado, etc).  He did say
that we could purchase a rider (I forgot the exact name of the rider) for
about $100.00/year that would cover all loss for the pump (less deductible,
of course).
Annette (KY RN- mom of 15 year old son, dx'd 8/91, hoping for a pump soon)