Re: [IP] Glucometer Dex Meter-Mini review

Thanks for the comments on the DEX.  After a few more days of testing I have
noticed the spotty results sometimes.  It appears to be maybe caused by the
blood chamber not getting fully filled, but getting filled enough to not
cause the display to read "err".

I have done comparison testing about 10 times with my old meter (including
two times that I had really off the wall results.)  The 8 normal time the two
meters were within 5% of each other.  (Close enough to have not changed my
bolus.)  The two times I had off the wall results I had results that were
more in line with the way I felt with the One Touch II.  (One was a 39-DEX
vs. 80-One Touch II  the other a 239-DEX vs. a 199-One Touch.)

I have noticed sometimes that with the blood is thin it is had to get the DEX
strip to suck it up.  (I have no idea what causes blood to be thinner or
thicker sometimes.)  This was never a problem I had with the One Touch II.

I did order a month's supply of strips.  The Walgreens here had to special
order them.   Walgreen's had to do something fancy directly with ValueRx to
get them to process the claim because the Dex strips so new that they were
not in the ValueRx computer system yet.

I'm currently going to hold off on the data cable until I play with it
another month.  I certainly like the small size vs. my old One Touch II.

Again, thanks for the comments.

Glenn Weber