Re: [IP] Bubbles/Air

At 08:39 PM 4/9/1999  Tara Dufour wrote:
>I just started pumping tonight, everything is going great!  My blood
>sugars have been the same all night.  This thing is amazing!  Anyways, I
>got home from my mom's tonight and noticed a bunch of air in the tubing
>and when I checked the syringe it wa full of little bubbles.

Once you get more comfortable with the process, you'll be able to get those
pesky bubbles out when you first load the reservoir. Use something pretty
rigid and bang the reservoir on all sides (don't laugh, but I use a wooden
hairbrush). After doing this, I see lots of little bubbles scurrying up
towards the top. If you pull out a bit more on the plunger than you need
to, before you do this, you can then shove those bubbles out when you push
the plunger back in.

Also, the tubing can be deceptive... it's double layered and there are
often phantom bubbles between the layers. If it moves, it's a real bubble,
if it doesn't it's a fake.