[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #43

> From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] where to put pump
> >  And I *hate* that thigh thing!  I was so excited when I got
> > it, after using garter belts, but it falls down and can shred
> > stockings to oblivion in about 2 seconds flat.
> The solution is the right color bike shorts and a big safety pin.
> The pin goes on the outside about 2 - 3 inches from the cuff. Pump
> goes on the inside with the end of the clip slipped through the
> safety pin so the pump can't slip down. --- Bullet proof solution,
> just ask a boogeying 15 year old.
> Michael

Now this is something I hadn't considered!  Won't work for all the problematic
outfits, but it very well might for some others.  Thanks for the creative suggestion.

> > As far as sanitizing the
> > insertion area, is soap and water sufficient, or is it necessary to
> > use IV prep as well?

I have never "sanitized" before inserting a set.  I change sets twice a week, and I
simply shower before each set change.  I have never had a major problem with
insertion sites.  If I can't fit in a shower at the exact time I need to change (such
as at 4:00 a.m. when I realize I didn't have quite enough insulin to last until
morning. . .), I just do it on a "dirty" belly.  Horrors!! ;)