Re: [IP] Re:Losing Weight/ Non-diabetics complaining

email @ redacted writes:

<< While in the
 middle of doing this my teacher ran up and snatched the roll out of my hand.
 She scolded me for eating that stuff when I *knew* I shouldn't. >>

I was once in the hospital.  It was the urgical ward and I didn't expect them
to be diabetes experts.  I had demonstrated that I was in well control of
everything with my pump.  One evening I asked a nurse if I could have an ice
cream.  She glared at me and stated "You should know better than to ask.  You
know you are diabetic and can't have that."  Later that evening my bg was in
the low 40's.  When she came down and I showed her (she obviously wasn't
going to take MY word), she said "it looks like you can have that ice cream
now".  I didn't want to argue the fat vs. sugar content of ice cream so
merely asked for an apple juice instead.

I've got all sorts of nurse horror stories like that one.  It's sad.