Re: [IP] Re: more about bras and educating the non-diabetic

Donna wrote:
> I have another dumb question,  What does brittle mean? I have heard that alot
> but no one has ever explained.

Brittle means that your bg level can change radically at any time without
apparent reason. Most often in the old days it was used for patients without
proper training and support, plus the gerneral lack of knowledge. Modern methods
have cut down the apparent "brittle" population since we can learn MUCH better
how to control things, especially using pumps and glucose meters.

It used to be I said {brittle = Type 1}, but that was some time ago....

There are still brittle diabetics, mind you.

Ted Quick