Re: [IP] Losing Weight

I have thought about telling them that I could stop taking the insulin for a
while, and I would lose weight.  When I was first diagnosed the doctor didn't
test or anything just sent me to a dietitian (sp) who told me not to eat any
sweets or sugar or even look at them.  The first month I lost 40 lbs. When I
call to report how things were going she had a cow and told me not to lose
weight that fast.  I wasn't trying. Now that they put me on insulin I cut my
food intake even more and am gaining weight.  I figure my butt is going to be
big regardless so I just live with.  The worse is when a family member tells you
the crap.  I want to tell them "Why don't you try diabetes sometime and then
tell me how easy it is!"  I have come to realize that God allowed me to have
diabetes because the others couldn't handle it and I will lean on him. Thanks
for understanding.