Re: [IP] Diabetes is not my fault

In a message dated 04/09/1999 12:15:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Dear Sir:
 I've tried Diabetes for a while and I've decided not to keep it. Where can I
 return it?
 Thank you for your help.

LMAO.  If only it were that easy <sigh>.  I have actually taken "vacations"
from being diabetic.  After 32 years of the same old grind, sometimes it gets
a bit too much to handle.  So, I take a vacation for a few hours, sometimes a
day.  During that time, I do no testing, eat what I want and, other than
bolusing for what I have eaten, I AM NOT DIABETIC for those few hours!   When
I "come back", I'm ready to tackle things again.

It just give me the strength to keep going on the 24/7 shift of maintaining

(I'm not recommending this... merely my opinion)