Re: [IP] Kim's problem & HELP

In a message dated 04/09/1999 12:38:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Now I have a problem.  I have a tape allergy but only at times.  I
 wash with anti-bacterial soap, wipe with an anti-bacterial prep and
 sometimes I still have a problem.  Any suggestions are appreciated!! >>

I use these things which I call skin barrier prep pads.  I don't know what
they are technically called, but they are available at medical supply places.
 Colostomy patients are common users (you think we have to use a lot of
tape!).  A quadriplegic friend of mine gave me the scoop on these.

Last summer I had a skin graft and had a huge Tegaderm on my thigh (to cover
the donor site).  I thought I was going to gouge holes in my leg due to the
itching until I remembered that in my pump supplies I had some of these pads.
 Instant relief!  The nurses in the Ortho ward weren't even aware of these
but I understand they now keep them on hand.