Re: [IP] I give up

     I was just told by a friend who thought he was being treated fro a heart
problem that he is type two to limit his carbs to 30g's a day.  He is not
overweight. But according to his doctorand I don't quite understand all of this but
do support my friend- the ciculating insulins release is basically off and lower
carbs is better for him.  My CDE just told me that in a way it is easier being type
1 because insulin and carbs are easier to control that way.  I have trouble but
maybe it isn't as common to have the difficulties as not for type 1's and of course
some of us type1's take on characteristics of type 2 when we gain weight I was
told. DM just is so hard to deal with no matter what type you have and yes YMMV but
we can do it.  By the way all who are interested my CDE said there is a book
dealing with the differences in handling carbs as a type two and all the other
things going on.  we all need to stick together the support is nec to us all. But
each situation is individual and we cannot know how it is for someone else but we
can relate and try to be understanding because those who don't live with diabetes
trully don't have a clue and many times have been misinformed or haven'tbeen keep
up to date on the lastest info.  Hang in there all you pumpers out there!Sheila