Re: [IP] I give up

Please don't give up on this list.  At times I have felt the same way, but then
I shake myself and get rid of that thought.  This list has given me far to much
as far as support and great suggestions when I've run into problems.  I can't
stress this enough, but on this list you must take everything with a grain of
whatever.  Meaning the YMMV is very crucial, for this disease is so different
for each of us.

For example.  I read about people eating pizza, cheese cake, and how quickly
humalog hits them and I think "I wish".  For me humalog hits my system after
about an hour to an hour and a half.  I eat pizza or cheese cake and I am
paying for it for two days.  Oh and the breakfast cereal.  I love breakfast
cereal, but they make for a really lousy day.  Thank goodness I am half asleep
until about 8:00 a.m. so I can't too depressed about not eating breakfast
cereal.  :-)  Point being, it's different for each of us.  We need to find what
works best for us and then with that information to the best we can to stay in
those limits.  For me it's a choice.  Pizza, feel lousy, vegetables and feel
good.  Sure sometimes I choose Pizza, but not too often.

I wanted to address the carb issue and please what I am about to write is
coming from my heart and only intended to give you something else to think
about.  I have found what works best for me is staying on a very low carb
intake.  My blood sugars do great.  The minute I introduce 20 plus carbs in a
meal I end up with a bs in a higher range ruining my nice slightly bumpy
horizontal line.  In turn eating less carbs I don't use as much insulin but I
also have more stable blood sugars.  So this is a choice I make that works for

Kim, thank you for having the courage to share your story.  I hope what I have
written as well as several others have been helpful to you and encouraged you
to hang on to the list.

Fran B.
Type I 36 years dx 3