Re: [IP] Diabetic Mastitis(?) and foot pain

In a message dated 4/8/99 12:02:09 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My mom and sister started crying when I
 told them I was going on the pump they assumed I was dying or something. >>

Donna --

LOL!!!! I was doing some contract work at a manufacturing plant once (editing
manuals) and the plant nurse called and said, "I hear you're a real bad

"What's a 'real bad' diabetic?" I asked.

"Oh, one who takes more than two shots a day," she replied.

"Ohmigod! I exclaimed. "I take *five*!!!"

Wonder what the nurse would say if she knew I did that CSII stuff now. LOL

She also wanted me to come to her office and give myself my lunchtime
injection. I said: "So you want me to suit up (the place required safety
glasses and anti-static clothing to go into the plant -- which you had to do
to get to the nurse's office), shoot Humalog and *then* go in search of food?"

"What's Humalog?" she asked.

For some reason, the company decided the next week they didn't need my
services any more.  :-)

P.S. I "suited up," went to her office with all my little "toys," and
educated that woman until her eyes glazed over.