[IP] Carbs in lentil soup

Does anyone know how many carbs might be in a typical bowl of lentil =
soup? I've been invited out to dinner and that's what they are serving. =
Do lentils have a high glycemic index? I'm looking for a ballpark number =
that I can use and adjust once I see what's actually in it. Thanks.

Hi Laura,

In the book "Exchanges For All Occasions" by Marion J. Franz, IDC
Publishing, ISBN 1-885115-25-0, there are two entries for lentil soup.  The
first is under Jewish Food List, 1/3 cup of lentils is 1 starch, 1 cup of
lentil soup is 2 starch, 1 lean meat.  The second entry is under Indian
Food List and 1 cup of lentil soup is 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat.  Sorry the book
doesn't list exact carbohydrates.  You might want to check the grocery
store and see what the canned or frozen lentil soups contain.  Isn't the
labeling law wonderful?!!!

Happy partying!

Kim dx, 1993, pumpin 7/98