Re: [IP] Re:not regulated yet

You see, while pregnant in 1993, my insulin needs were raised.  This was important
for the life of the baby to increase no matter what it took to keep my sugars in a
non-diabetic range (no more than 130 after meals).  After the pregnancy ended, my
need for insulin never went back to my low dose as it was before pregnancy even
though I never gained a pound.  Then, the same thing happend over again in another
pregnancy in 1994, and during the last pregnancy in 1998, my needs increased again.
My son will be a year in May.  I was up to taking 320 units of insulin a day when i
stopped breast feeding. (less during breast feeding).I had no weight gain.  So, when
I started the pump- ny endo said he would reduce my dose-- to 50 units per day.
Every day or so I have been upping by basil rate--as per orders by phone by endo.  I
am still really high.  The high doses of insulin cause heart damage.  I am type 1
since I was a child I have been insulin dependent.
Lindae