Re: [IP] Type 2 ?'s

At 11:08 PM 4/6/1999 PDT, you wrote:
>I have a friend that checked her sugar this evening and it was 375 and
then checked it again three hours later and it was 261.  We are thinking
she has type 2 DM.
>So here are some questions...
>1.  Should she go to the doctor immediately or wait till Friday to see her

Go to the Dr. Immediately.. the sooner the treatment or control starts the

>2.   She is having trouble falling asleep and then waking up.  She says
she feels real groggy and has trouble waking up.  Is this DM related?

Many people when they are haveing both highs ans lows have these troubles.
(or atleast i do).
>3.  She has lost some feeling in her feet and hands...IF this is DM
related, will she be able to gain some of the feeling back OR once lost,
will it not return?

It is likely to return but everyone is different your Dr. will know better.

>4.  Can she be type 1 even if she is over 40?

yes Type one is not limited by age.

>7.  She feels hungry alot.  Is this another symptom of the high sugar and
type 2?
This is a symptom of both type one and type two.

my suggestion is to go to the hospital as soon as possible and if all
possible go now.. better safe than sorry..

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438