Re: [IP] Altitude and Pumping-Skiing

I'm a little confused...what kind of needle to you put in the bottle???

In a message dated 4/6/99 10:01:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Joellleram (you didn't sign your name), I never put air in the insulin
 now.  I learned this at this website:  Put no air in the insulin vial.  Put
 needle in the vial, then insert the needle plus cartridge and let the
 flow into the cartridge by pulling back slowly on the plunger.  The air
 entering the single needle will displace the air being drawn up in the
 cartridge and you will have no problems with air.  This method works great.
 I have a single small air bubble in the cartridge when I hook up that never
 leaves until the last drops of insulin and I usually change when 10 units
 left, but not always.  Good luck.  ellen  >>