Re: [IP] Emla Max

Mary Jean Renstrom wrote:
> I don't happen to have any anbesol in the house, so I can't check on this.
> Does it say anywhere on the tube that it isn't supposed to be applied to an
> open sore or wound???

It doesn't really say, as such. The only thing it does say is that it's for use
on sores "within the mouth". Somebody else already said that that'e the ONLY
it's applicable. It contains Benzocaine, incidentally.

My only concern is that inserting a needle through
> the layer of anbesol might drag some of it in. If it is a substance that
> isn't supposed to go "inside" then it might be a problem.

Oh well, apparemtly not a useful idea.

Ted Quick