Re: [IP] Bolusing

> 1. It appears to me that the Idea is to Bolus everytime we eat
> something. no matter how big a meal or small a snack.  Which is
> different than with Injections.  Is this a correct assumption?

Yes

> 2. My Endo has given me a scale of Bolus amounts to administer based
> on the b/s level at the time.  I'm still experimenting but my factor
> appears to be 7 or 6.5.   how does this factor relate to the bolus
> amounts he gave me?? For example... a b/s of, say, 9.2; he says
> bolus 9 units, if my meal is say 56 carbs and applying a factor of 7
> that =8 units. which is correct??

Kind of...  Why don't you read the HOWTO's about determining ratios
on the web site. Basically you want to know your Carbohydrate to
Insulin ratio, Blood Sugar to Insulin ratio, and Blood Sugar to Carb
ratio. It is the application of these ratios to the calculation of
insulin dosage or glucose intake (if you're low) that is important.
The HOWTO's cover all that in some detail.