Re: [IP] Re: Humalog in pump

I was at the approval meeting for Humalog in DC several years ago. It was
not approved for the pump because they did not have any clinical trials
showing how well it worked in a pump.

However a lot of drugs, once approved, can be used for other purposes. I
think this is called off-label usage. Humalog is such an 'obvious' insulin
for pump usage, I can't imagine many people not wanting it. The only
downside is the fast onset, which is exactly what you get with injections