[IP] Altitude and Pumping-Skiing

	I successfully managed to ski while pumping and I'd only been pumping
for 6 weeks. I believe my basal rates were fairly accurate, but I was still
nervous.  I did a temporary basal rate for the period that I was active and a
couple of hours afterward.  I tested often, purchased the hand warmers to
keep my test strips warmer in my case, but didn't need them for spring
skiing.  I used the Minimed belt and case(forgot the name) and wore the pump
inside my bibs.  All went well with reducing my basal rate by two points and
bolusing lightly for food consumption. A lift operator noticed me fiddling
with it and pulled me aside to ask questions.  He wanted to know why I wore
an I.D. attatched to my jacket and I told him about my pumping.  He was an
EMT ,was not very familiar with it and incredibly curious.  It made me
realize that I should carry a small instruction card for suspension with my
     I asked my rep before the trip what to do about altitude and the pump
and he told me not to worry about it.  Wrong answer!  When filling my
reservoir the insulin came squirting back out with great force.  I should
have trusted my instincts and followed the advice of filling a syringe on an
airplane, injecting half of the air needed.  Does anyone know if this is a
good formula for filling the reservoir in high altitudes as well?