Re: [IP] Diabetic Mastitis(?)

Hi Deb,

I haven't heard the term diabetic mastitis, but I have a similar story to
yours. I found a lump in my breast about 9 years ago. I went in to see my
ob/gyn, who immediately sent me to a surgeon. The surgeon biopsied the
lump, which was non-malignant. He said he didn't know exactly what it was;
it wasn't fibrous (or whatever the condition is, I forget). He did say that
he'd had another patient who had diabetes who also had non-malignant lumps
that weren't fibrous. He said the only real danger in these lumps was that
they might make me ignore a truly cancerous one, so I should get yearly

I'd be curious if you get any more info.

(Type I, 26 years, D. pumper since 10/95)