Re: [IP] Re: Humalog in pump

The drug companies will only do a clinical trial if there is a possibility
that they can make money.   Since all diabetic women take some insulin
during pregnancy, and since most pumper already use Humalog in their pumps,
the only possible outcome of a clinical trial is that they might find
something bad, and then they would lose money or be sued.   They will never
do such a controlled study--we're already guinea pigs for them, and
fortunately there doesn't seem to be a major problem with this use.

> Why is it not approved?  Is there some kind of danger in using just
> Humalog in a pump? My doctor has never said anything to me about not
> being able to use it, although I didn't ask him directly.

* Wayne *