[IP] Diabetic Mastitis(?)

About a year ago, I discovered a lump in my breast. I had a mamogram and
ultrasound done. Both were negative. The lump is still there so my doctor
referred me to a surgeon. She did an ultrasound and three biopsies
yesterday. She said that my left breast was "fattier" than my right (which
is not uncommon). Anyway her diagnosis was "probably" diabetic mastitis
which she hopes the lab results will concur. I looked up mastitis in the
medical dictionary and it said inflammation of the breast. I had never heard
that this could be a result of diabetes. Does anyone have more info on this?
Thank you.

dxd 7/77
pumping since 12/98