Re: [IP] plastics

To keep plastics soft a chemical is used. The concern is with the phylates and
they are banned in many places in Europe and some companies have been
withdrawning them from the store shelves over here. When children suck on the
soft plastics the phylates go into thier system and can cause kidney damage
I am not able to remember what other damage there is.
There isn't a problem with the harder plastics but soft ones like the teething
ones and yellow ducky soft toys..
As for the IV bags..I have a study on that somewhere ...
I don't know if phylates are in our infusion sets but something has to make
them soft..