[IP] Re wrong sugar reading/cherry cheesecake?

This actually has nothing to do with Erica for a change.  But we are
still doing fantastically GREAT!  Three week check Tuesday morning...
I read on one of the digests a little while back about a young lady who
thought she was going low but after checking on her monitor it actually
showed a high sugar and she bolused. ( I tried looking back to find it,
but gave up).  Anyway, after she bolused to cover the high blood sugar,
she felt worse and did another reading which showed she was Very low.
She was up all night trying to keep her sugars up and her boyfriend and
CDE were helping her.   I have been thinking about that one, and she
mentioned that she had eaten Cherry Cheesecake, or something like that.
I have heard that sugar on the fingers can actually show up in your BG
reading.  Is that true?  I guess I am just trying to come up with a
sensible reason for why that might have happened.  We use the same blood
kit and I would hate to think that it could be so out of whack for no
Any input..