Re: [IP] Humalog and Pregnancy (was RE: insulins)

I just got off the phone with a medical adviser from Eli Lilly and she
states that not only has Humalog not been approved for use during pregnancy
but no insulin has ever been approved for use during pregnancy.  She said
there are warnings on all insulins and that you have to decide whether the
risk outweigh the benefits.  She also said that there have been no other
reported cases of fetal abnormalities brought forth since 1997.  I am still
going to ask my endo, but I'm not really concerned, I have to take insulin
and that's all there is to it.

Tara Dufour
Hargreaves, Charbonneau & Associates