Re: [IP] Meals w/ significant protien cauz my Nbolus no

Ok Michael, I'm going to call you on this one :-)  If I eat Frosted Flakes
my bg goes up within 15 min.  Its easy for anyone to test.   All that sugar
is absorbed quickly, some of it even before it gets out of the stomach.
I'm not sure what you mean by "complex sugars" but starch is surely
considered to be a complex sugar.  Starch is just made from sugars linked
together, and all starches take time to be broken down (differences depend
on type as documented by the glycemic index).   Lactose becomes glucose
too, but I'm not sure of the dynamics of this conversion.

>  The lactose in the milk
> raises my BG fast and the c Meals w/ significant protien cauz my

<<<<<<<<More likely the cereal is to blame. Highly refined grains turn
quickly to glucose when eaten. The common "sweetened" kid cerals will
actually take longer to get into the blood stream because the comples
sugars used take up to 2 hours to be converted to glucose whereas the
starch is converted in a few minutes. The more refined the cereal,
the easier it is for you body to quickly convert it to glucose. Try
something like Frosted Flakes or Fruit Loops, they usually take
longer to digest.
Michael <email @ redacted>>>>>>

* Wayne *