Re: [IP] Set changes and pump change

<<  One question I have is that if my sugar is high 3
 hours after a change (so far it's been good), do I just change the insertion
 part or do I have to start from the very beginning with filling the
 reservoir, etc.? >>

you could just change the connection part if you are using the Sils. Don't
forget to bolus for the space left after you pull the needle out.  you can do
the same with a Sofset, but need to fill the "pigtail" with some insulin to
push the air out. You can sue a regular insulin syringe to do this. Takes a
bit of practice and wastes a tubing set.

<< My other question (I hope no one gets too upset), I have
 been using the MM 507C and find it quite easy to program.
 The D rep came over and left me with a loaner pump to play with.  My biggest
 concern with the MM is the clicks which I don't hear most of the time when
 things are very quiet and you start clicking it kind of drives me nuts. >>

The only person it is likely to annoy is you, and you do get used to it. so
hook up the D, if you want, but be sure to learn the programming sequences
for button pushing. There are some differences, that might cause you some
confusion when switching back and forth.
<< I have heard that I have 30 days to return the MM (I also am not thrilled
 with their service on supplies but do not know whether D would be any
 better). >>

have you thought about writing a letter to MM about your concerns?

<< Also, the D pump infuses much faster than the MM.  Does that make a
 difference in control? >>

Not really faster, just smaller amounts more frequently. It makes a
difference for some people, not necessarily everyone. Test it out. Good luck.

Barbara B.