Re: [IP] insulins

At 09:45 AM 4/4/1999  Bob Burnett wrote:
>Answer as it is written is incorrect. Velosulin is the only insulin
>approved by
>the FDA for use in insulin pumps.
>Many pumpers do use Humalog quite successfully in their pumps. However, it has
>not been tested by Eli Lilly for use in pumps, nor has the FDA approved it's
>use in insulin pumps.

To follow up what Bob has said, although it is not officially approved in
the U.S. by the FDA, over 80% of the people that have filled out our survey
form (on our web page at http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/) are currently
using Humalog in their pumps. Since it looks like you're in Canada, our FDA
approval probably has no meaning for you. I don't know what the Canadian
official position is.