[IP] Help Wanted... Insulin Pumpers

Dear Pumpers.

In order to make these lists work, we have a small, dedicated group of
volunteers that do a lot of the behind the scenes stuff. Now that the total
list membership is going 1lmost 1,200, we need some more volunteers to
share the work. So, we are now actively asking for new people to help us.

The administrative duties are rotated among the volunteers for a week at a
time. When your turn comes up, you handle the approvals of new profiles /
subscribing new members and handling various questions and problems from
pumpers on how the list works. We have our own administrative email list
where we actively help each other with questions, problems and policy, so
you'll never be out there alone. There is always someone available to
assist you, should you need help with any of the management tasks

Being an admin will require about an hour or two of your time each day, for
a week, when your turn comes up (every 8-10 weeks, depending on how many of
us there are).

1. You feel very comfortable on your computer, being on-line and with the
use of your email program. (Eudora Light, Eudora Pro and Pegasus work very
well for list management tasks, but other programs, including AOL, will
also work. You do need to be very comfortable with whatever email program
you use).

2. You must be willing to spend time practicing and learning the procedures
before your first turn comes up. This way, you will feel confident before
it is your turn.  One of the current admins will assist you with this. You
won't be asked to take a turn until you feel ready and are given the "green

3. You're not afraid to ask questions, you work well with people and enjoy
problem solving.

If anyone wants to inquire about helping us, please contact any of our
friendly admins (listed below) privately:

Michael Robinton <email @ redacted>
Mary Jean Renstrom <email @ redacted>
Bob Burnett <email @ redacted>
Kasey Sikes <email @ redacted>