[IP] Meals w/ significant protien cauz my Nbolus not to work. Any ideas?

I just started the pump about a month ago.  I have noticed that any meal
that I eat that at least on major item in it that is protien like
chicken w/ dinner, milk w/ breakfast..whatever, my blood sugars stay in
the 200's for several hours.

Example:  Breakfast w/cereal and milk.  I take a normal bolus of 1/10
ratio. 1 hr later bs fine, 1 hr after that 200's and take 2units, 1 hr
later still 200's and like that for another hours or so.  Sometimes
taking 2units each time and only finally starts to budge down after
several hours.

If I eat breakfast bar that is just carbos (maybe trace protein) then
take normal bolus, same as above, and later bsugars are perfect,
couldn't get any better.

Its not just breakfast either.  Any time.

I have thought of taking square but I don't understand how.  Take half
now, rest in square - but then over an hour? two? Or take it all in a
square, but what about food that digests quicker - I am afraid I would
be high at the beginning before starting to go down as the squareB
worked its way in.