Re: [IP] supply costs

Not advocating these but I've done them quite successfully during tight
financial periods:
    1).  Reuse the syringe (1 times -- new ones don't do too well more than
once.  Don't forget to slide the pluger up and down before you refill it).
Order less boxes of syringes.

    2).  Mix velosulin and humalog or use only velosulin.  sites last
longest with velosulin but the control isn't as good.

    3).  Change sites when they need it.  Check them carefully several times
a day.  But don't change them on a schedule (or after your upper limit -- w/
v. I could go 8 days, with the mix no more than 6), wait until they are
either sore or getting to that limit.  Important: don't ever keep a red or
uncomfortable site in!  they get infected that way!!!

Again, this works but it is not anything most doctors or CDE's will
approve.  If you try these, practice with discretion!