Re: [IP] supply costs

A years' worth of supplies were added onto the cost of my pump when I
bought it back in December 1998.  It added about $2,000 to the total
invoice. I was told that it would cost about $2,000 per year for

Out of curiosity, I'd just like to ask if anyone here has any tips for
prolonging a store of supplies?  Probably a question that would horrify
any doctors reading out there, but it does seem a shame to buy all these
things and then turn around and throw them in the garbage 2-3 days after
their first use.

<<Still not on the pump yet-going over the figures.  I have a question
for the list-What do supplies cost on average per month? I asked
Minimed,and the rep told me about $200 per month.  Since I will be
paying out of my own pocket for supplies (and the pump), and Medicare
doesn't pay for anything yet, I am concerned about the monthly costs.
The figure she gave me seems high.>>