Re: [IP] Knew this was going to happen

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 email @ redacted wrote:

> I have a problem I'm not sure how to correct......
> Before going to bed, I test my BS and when I wake up the next A.M...the
> reading is higher than when I first went to bed.
> Last night I tried to test for "Dawn Phenomenon" so at 2:00 am my reading was
> 110...Not bad...When I woke up at 9:45 am...it was 158.  Should I adjust my
> basal for the readings...and how much should I start with ???
Before you start tweeking basal rates, read the Basal Rate HOWTO or the
section in Pumping Insulin on basal rate adjustments. You need a few more
data points and you need to make sure that the data is repeatable. i.e.
that your bg rise and timing is similar every night. Finding out that
information will probably take you several days (gotta rest in between).