Re: [IP] New pumper

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Tara Dufour wrote:

> Hi everyone!  My name is Tara and I am currently awaiting the arrival of my
> first insulin pump.  If anyone has any advice as to which insertion needle
> to choose please let me know.
> I am 15 weeks pregnant and live a pretty
Hmmm... ________^^^^^^^ this pretty much eliminates the SofSet. There
won't be any "tummy" left to put it in that won't be stretched pretty
tight. The Tender/Silohette/Comfort set (same set different names) is the
choice for about half the pumpers on the list (see the ABOUT page of the
web site). For a first time pumper, it looks more intimidating, but is
the set of choice for kids or "thin" people. It can easily be inserted in
the upper buttocks (lower back) area, thighs, etc... my 15 year old uses
it as do a lot of young kids as well as bunches of adults. Ask your pump
supplier for some samples to look at.

> active life.  Should this have a bearing on my decision?  Any other advice
> would be greatly appreciated.
The list can give you about twice as much advice as you need :-)