Re: [IP] Knew this was going to happen

>Last night I tried to test for "Dawn Phenomenon" so at 2:00 am my reading
>110...Not bad...When I woke up at 9:45 am...it was 158.  Should I adjust my
>basal for the readings...and how much should I start with ???

You really should gather more info before you adjust your basals. When you
are checking for nighttime basals, you should check every two hours.  With
only a data point at 2:00 a.m. and another at 9:45, it's hard to know just
when your bg started rising.  That's almost 8 hours with no data. (I
know... it's hard to force yourself to get up and do it.)  You might
alternate the time you check on different nights.  For instance, on one
day, check at 2:00, 4:00, 6:00, and on another day, check at 3:00, 5:00 and

After you have a better idea of what time your bg starts to rise, adjust
your basals by .1 unit at a time.  Wait and see if you have good results
before making another change.  If you are using Humalog, start a higher
basal rate about 2 hours before the time you see the bg begin to rise.  If
you are using V or R, then the lead time is longer, more like four hours.

Mary Jean
pumping for 2 years, 2 months.