Re: [IP] high blood sugars

Sheila,
I too have 4 children, Jeremy (8), Zachary (7), Jordan (5), and Elise (4).  A
couple of months ago, I woke up vomiting, and low.  This is the strangest
reaction I've ever had.  I coudn't get up, due to dizzyness.  It was 4:45am.  I
guess I woke up Jordan and Elise, too.  I told them that "daddy's sick" and to
get me something to eat.  Jordan, always eager to help poured me a bowl of
cheerios.  She started feeding me.  I was worried about throwing those up, so I
asked Elise to get me some honey.  She eventually did, as I woke up 45 minutes
later with my face sticky, but my bood sugar at 87.  Later that week, I got my
glucagon, and I've taught my sons (J&Z) how to give it to me.

They know when I get irrationally grumpy, I probaly need something to eat.  I
coudn't ask for better kids.  I guess the lesson for me was to teach the kids to
give me food when I ask.

$.02

Jeff