[IP] question about basal testing

I have been have lows when I don't eat a meal.  I know I
need to test my basal rates but how do I go about it when I
am having 2 or more lows a day.  I am definitely releasing
stress hormones dues to the shaking, rapid heartbeat, sweating.
Everything I have read says not to test on any day that a low
releases stress hormones.  Should I raise my basal rates by .1
and then test?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.