[IP] Exercise help!!!

Hi everyone. Here I am, at 4:15 in the morning, sitting at my computer, unable
to sleep! Why? Because I am at the point (maybe past the point) of total
frustration! It seems that no matter what we try, we just cannot get a handle
on the best way to handle Amy and her exercise. She is now running track and
doing indoor and outdoor soccer. Want to know how bad it is? Here is an
example of her numbers before, during and after track yesterday - before -
139, during, 127, after, 149 (this was over a 2 hour period) Not too bad you
say? True, but now the fun begins! One hour (yes, 1 hour!) after that reading
of 149, she was 404 (dinner), then 100, 56, and 63 - all done at 1 hour
intervals. From the time she ate dinner, she felt horrible, as if having one
big long hypo, for 3 1/2 hours! Midnight was 340, 3a.m. was 348. This is a
daily thing anymore. Her endo says if we can't get this under control, we may
have to limit her sports. I do not want to tell her she can't do this because
of her diabetes, but I agree we need to get a handle on this, before I pull
all my hair out!

 If anyone has any specific suggestions on ways to handle exercise, please e-
mail me privately. I don't mean to be rude, but don't tell me to adjust her
basal, carb intake, etc., unless you can give me specifics that you found have
worked - been there, done that, still doing it! lol I know all those things
need to be done - what I'm looking for is when and how you did it that worked
well. We are on our 3rd set of "guidelines" for exercise, and they don't seem
to be working at all.

Thanks, in advance, for any help any of you can give us.

Mom of Amy, 12, pumping since June '98