[IP] pancreatic enzyme

BARRY WROTE:

>  hi Rona,
>  what is a pancreatic enzyme?  I ain't heard of that one.
>  NO SURRENDER  NO RETREAT !!!!

I am no expert, but I believe i remember from some molecular biology class
eons ago, that the pancreas excretes an enzyme known as insulinase.  This
enzyme takes care of all the EXTRA insulin a normal person's pancrease dumps
when it sees that food is in the system.  As I understand it, this normal
pancresae just DUMPS insulin - no measuring or anything, but those normal
folks dont have that wonderful sensation of hypoglycemia, do they?  I believe
that we of the broken pancreas set do NOT produce this insulinase, which is
why we have hypos when we take too much insulin for what we put in.

but then, I have a degree i ntheatre...I could be wrong

Sara