[IP] Re: Complete

I know what you mean about manual downloads. Last night I had to stay up until
11:30 laborously extracting information from my meter. It would be a lot more
fun to make my computer do the work.

BM/Roche isn't the only one producing confusion and vaporware, however. I
participated in the Beyer Dex trials as well. They originally promised download
software by March, then by May, then by June... well, you get the picture. The
Dex now sits on the shelf as a backup. The Beyer sales rep did say that individuals
would be able to get the download software from a web site. I'm still waiting
to see if that comes true.

The only good news is that when I went to see my endo this morning and showed
him the Complete he went crazy over it. Lots of buttons, neat displays, useful
info. But I get the idea he's a "heat-seeker" anyway. When I told him I hadn't
been able to get the download software he said "Here, why don't you play with
the copy the sales rep gave me", and handed me the interface kit. Now there's a
guy we need to clone!

In spite of the confusion over the computer interface kit, I still like the
Complete. It keeps all the info I would normally not keep track of and it's
not nearly as costly as a palm computer. (BM does need to rethink those
lousy strips, however).

I will have to give my endo a review of the interface/download software in
about a month, so I'll try to post a summary here for those who haven't seen
it yet. I'm hoping they did a good job on it.

P. S. I got my first HbA1C since going on the pump. Down to 6.7 from 7.9 the
time before. Can't complain too much.  :-{)>

> Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 20:57:02 -0500
> From: "LBE FSD" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Complete
> I've decided to give up on the Complete.  It is too much of a pain to do the
> manual downloads.  A bigger problem is the fact that I don't discipline
> myself to record it twice (once on the meter and once in my logbook), don't
> do the manual downlaoads more than once every week (or two), and have never
> iked using the memory feature of meters to go over data in order to make
> decisions.  I had a long conversation with my buddy at BM/Roche today and
> expressed my frustration about not getting the software that he had assured
> me I could get.  I'm still not certain that the refusal wasn't engineered by
> someone at the clinic, but that's probably paranoid.  He also said that they
> would be charging ~$60 for it.  I explained that I had been assured that
> Camit would work with the Complete when I bought Camit, and that the manual
> also makes that comment.  He said that he couldn't make the decision.  I'm
> hoping that they return to their usual etiquette by the time it is released
> to the "public".  I also keep asking who is buying all of these strips -- me
> or the medical professionals?  Oh well.
> Take care,
> Lori
> dx '71, MM507 1/98, Humalog